Can You Air Fry a Pot Pie?
Pot Pies are one of the most popular comfort food dishes, but is it possible to make them using an air fryer? The short answer is yes, it is possible to air fry pot pies, it just takes a little bit of knowledge of how to best utilize your air fryer.
Here’s What You Need To Know:
- Thaw the Pot Pie – Pot pies should always be thawed before being cooked in an air fryer. For best results, do not defrost in the microwave, as this will result in a soggy bottom crust.
- Coat it with Oil – Just like with other air fryer dishes, coating the pot pie with oil is recommended to improve the crispness of the crust.
- Place in the Air Fryer – Place the pot pie in the air fryer, being sure to leave enough space for the air to circulate. Make sure the pie is placed in the center of the air fryer.
- Set the Temperature and Time – Set the air fryer to 400 degrees F and cook for 18-20 minutes, until the crust is crispy and golden brown.
- Enjoy! – Let the pot pie cool for a few minutes before enjoying a warm and crispy dinner.
Using an air fryer to make pot pies can be a great way to reduce the fat and calories normally associated with this dish. Plus, the convenience of using an air fryer to whip up a homemade, store-bought, or frozen pot pie makes it an ideal option for busy weeknights. So the next time you’re looking for a quick, tasty, and healthier dinner option, consider air frying a pot pie!