Can You Cook a Pot Pie in an Air Fryer?
If you’re looking for an alternative to cooking your pot pie in the oven, an air fryer could be the ideal solution. An air fryer is a popular kitchen appliance that cooks food using hot air, and it can be used for a variety of recipes. Pot pies are a classic comfort food that can be cooked quickly and easily in an air fryer, and the results are just as delicious as baking them in the oven.
What You Need For an Air Fryer Pot Pie
- Ready-made frozen pot pie
- Air fryer
- Olive oil (optional)
How To Cook Pot Pie in an Air Fryer
- Step 1: Preheat the air fryer at 350 °F. Depending on the model of air fryer you have, the preheating may take anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes.
- Step 2: Take your frozen pot pie out of the packaging, and place it in the air fryer basket. If desired, you can brush it with a thin layer of olive oil to make it crispy.
- Step 3: Set the timer to 15 minutes and cook the pot pie at 350°F.
- Step 4: After the timer goes off, check if the pot pie is cooked through. You can do this by inserting a cake tester, skewer, or tip of a knife into the crust and check that it’s hot throughout and not soggy.
- Step 5: Once the pot pie is cooked through, take it out and let it cool for a few minutes before serve.
Cooking pot pies in an air fryer is a simple and convenient way to make this classic comfort food. It’s quicker and easier than baking them in the oven, and the results are just as delicious. With its simple setup and hassle-free cleanup, using an air fryer for pot pies is an excellent alternative.