Can You Cook Bacon in an Instant Pot?
Cooking bacon in an instant pot is an easy, quick, and healthy way to enjoy a delicious breakfast. Instant pots are great for quickly preparing a variety of meals, from stews to soups to desserts. But can you cook bacon in an instant pot?
How to Cook Bacon in an Instant Pot
Cooking bacon in an instant pot is simple and straightforward. Here’s how to do it:
- Add a cup of water to the bottom of the insert.
- Place the metal grate/steamer rack over the water.
- Place the bacon strips on the rack in a single layer (add more water if needed to cover all the bacon).
- Secure the lid and set the steam release valve to “sealing”.
- Press the Manual or Pressure Cook button and set the time for 5 minutes.
- When the cooking time is complete, quick release the pressure and carefully open the lid.
- Use tongs to transfer the bacon to a plate lined with paper towels. This will help absorb any excess grease.
- Season the bacon to taste with salt, pepper, or your favorite spices.
- Enjoy your instant pot bacon with your favorite breakfast dishes!
Advantages of Cooking Bacon in an Instant Pot
Cooking bacon in an instant pot has many benefits. First of all, it requires little time and effort. Your bacon will be cooked quickly and conveniently, saving you the hassle of having to constantly monitor and flip your bacon on the stove-top.
Cooking bacon in an instant pot also produces less grease than cooking bacon on the stove-top, making it a healthier option. Additionally, with the lid securely on the insert, the bacon will not splatter – reducing chances of burns or injuries.
Finally, an instant pot is easy to clean and maintain. All you need to do is wait for it to cool down and then wash the insert with warm, soapy water.
Cooking bacon in an instant pot is an easy, quick, and healthy way to have a delicious breakfast. It requires minimal time and effort, produces less grease than cooking on the stovetop, and is easy to clean. So, if you’re looking for a convenient way to cook bacon, an instant pot might be just the thing for you!