Cooking Cornish Hens in a Crock Pot
Cornish hens are small poultry birds that pack a big flavor! They can be cooked inexpensively and easily in the slow cooker, or crock pot, and the result is a tasty and juicy dish. Here are some tips for cooking these hens to perfection:
- 2 Cornish hens
- 1 tablespoon of chicken seasoning blend (such as Mrs. Dash)
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/4 cup of chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter or olive oil
- Combine the seasonings and broth in a bowl and mix well.
- Rinse the cornish hens with cold water and pat dry.
- Rub the seasonings onto the hens from top to bottom.
- Place the hens in the crock pot and pour the melted butter or oil over them.
- Cook on low heat for 7-8 hours, or high heat for 4-5 hours.
- Once finished, let the hens rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Cooking Cornish hens in a crock pot is an easy and delicious recipe. With simple ingredients, and some patience, you can have a flavorful dish that is sure to please!