Can You Cook Zatarain’s Jambalaya in a Slow Cooker/Crock Pot?
When it comes to cooking delicious and flavorful meals in your home, jambalaya is a great choice. Zatarain’s jambalaya is a classic among many Cajun dishes, and you can easily cook Zatarain’s jambalaya in a slow cooker or crock pot. Keep reading for a few helpful tips to get you started!
The ingredients you need to make Zatarain’s jambalaya in a slow cooker or crock pot include:
- 1 packet of Zatarain’s Jambalaya Mix
- 1.5 pounds of shrimp, diced ham, or chicken
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 1 cup of water
- 4 cups of cooked white or brown rice
- Rinse and drain your chosen ingredients in a colander.
- Combine the Zatarain’s jambalaya mix, diced tomatoes, and chicken broth in your slow cooker or crock pot.
- Add in the rinsed ingredients.
- Stir the mixture until it is blended together.
- Cover your slow cooker or crock pot and simmer on low heat for 2-4 hours, or until the flavors have blended together.
- Add your cooked white or brown rice to the pot and stir until combined.
- Cover your slow cooker or crock pot and simmer for an additional 30 minutes, or until the rice is cooked and the jambalaya is hot throughout.
Zatarain’s jambalaya is best served hot with a variety of toppings and sides. Consider offering your guests options such as:
- Chopped parsley
- Chopped scallions
- Sliced jalapenos
- Hot sauce
- Mixed green salad
- Fruit salad
It is easy to make delicious and flavorful Zatarain’s jambalaya in a slow cooker or crock pot. This classic Cajun dish is a great meal for any gathering and it is sure to be a hit with your guests. Enjoy!