Growing a Lilac Bush in a Pot
If you wish to possess the beauty of spring-flowering shrubs, such as the fragrant lilac bush, lime containing a container version. Growing a lilac bush in a pot is easier than it looks. Here are the steps to follow for a healthy plant:
Choose the Right Pot
- Choose a terracotta or clay pot. It is preferable since it’s breathable, so plants can extend the roots safely.
- The pot should be a bit larger than the root system of the lilac bush.
- Fill it with quality potting soil
Put the Lilac Bush in Position
- Place the pot near a window that gets a lot of exposure to sunshine.
- Avoid locations where cold winds or extreme temperatures can stir up.
- If you don’t have a proper place, you can bring the pot indoors during winter.
Water the Plant Properly
- In regular intervals, check the soil to understand if the plant requires water.
- Ensure to keep the soil wet but not saturated.
- The plant’s leaves should also remain moist throughout the season.
Provide Proper Fertilizer
- You can use any liquid fertilizer for potted plants.
- Apply fertilizer and water the plant alternately.
These are the basic steps to consider to grow a healthy lilac bush in a pot. Once your lilac starts growing, you can admire its beauty in early spring with its sweet fragrance in the air.