Growing Morning Glories in Pots
Morning glories are a beautiful flower that provides vibrant pops of color to any outdoor space. While most people tend to think of morning glories as a climbing vine, it is possible to grow them in pots too.
Benefits of Growing Morning Glories in Pots
Growing morning glories in pots provides a variety of advantages and can be a great way to bring nature and color into your patio, balcony, terrace, or any other outdoor space. Some of the benefits of growing morning glories in pots include:
- Easy to Control: By growing morning glories in a pot, you are better able to regulate the size and shape of the plant. You can also easily move the pot to a new location if necessary.
- Protect Your Other Plants: Morning glories naturally have vining tendencies and can spread out and overtake other plants in your garden if left unchecked. Keeping them in a pot helps to contain them and prevent them from invading other parts of your yard.
- Increased Color: Morning glories in pots can really brighten up small patios, balconies, and other outdoor spaces. With multiple pots, you can add a variety of different colors and bring life to any space.
How to Grow Morning Glories in Pots
Growing morning glories in pots is relatively easy. Here are some steps to follow:
- Choose a pot that is at least 12 inches in diameter and has plenty of drainage holes in the bottom.
- Fill the pot with a potting mix.
- Stake the pot in a sunny place where the morning glories won’t be shaded by neighboring plants.
- Plant the morning glory seedlings approximately 12 inches apart.
- Water regularly and fertilize weekly.
- Remove any dead or wilted flowers from the pot.
Growing morning glories in pots can be a great way to add some vivid color to your outdoor space. It also helps to contain the plants and keep them from taking over your garden. With the proper care and attention, you can enjoy beautiful morning glories in your patio, balcony, or terrace in no time.