How to Make Zatarain’s Jambalaya in a Crockpot
Are you in the mood for a delicious Cajun-inspired dish? Try making Zatarain’s Jambalaya right in your Crockpot! This comfort food is sure to be a hit, and making it in your slow cooker makes the process even simpler.
Ingredients You Will Need:
- 1 box Zatarain’s Jambalaya Mix
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1/2 lb smoked sausage, sliced
- 1 lb cooked uncured ham, large cubed
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups long grain white rice, uncooked
- 1 can diced tomatoes (14.5 oz)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, ground
- Layer the olive oil, garlic, onion, celery, bell pepper, thyme, smoked sausage, ham, and the Zatarain’s Jambalaya Mix into the Crockpot.
- Whisk together the chicken broth, white rice, tomatoes, black pepper, and cayenne pepper in a bowl.
- Pour the mixture on top of the Crockpot layer.
- Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on high for 3-3.5 hours, or low for 6-7 hours.
- Stir before serving.
Enjoy a tasty and easy Cajun-inspired meal with Zatarain’s Jambalaya in the Crockpot! It’s sure to be a hit at your next family gathering or casual meal.