Can You Put Frozen Chicken in the Crock Pot?
Cooking a delicious, home-made meal doesn’t have to be a time-consuming chore. Using a slow cooker or crock pot ensures that dinner is ready when you are after a long day. But can you make a meal without having to defrost the chicken beforehand? Yes, you can put frozen chicken in the crock pot.
Pro Tips For Cooking Frozen Chicken in the Crock Pot
- Add extra liquid. Add an additional cup of liquid, such as broth, water and/or a can of tomatoes, to help create steam and make sure the poultry is cooked through.
- Stir and flip. Make sure to stir and flip the chicken halfway through the cooking time, to ensure the chicken cooks evenly.
- Check the temperature. After 4-6 hours, check the temperature of the chicken with a food thermometer. It should read at least 165°F.
Slow Cooker Recipes to Get You Started
- Garlic and Herb Roasted Chicken: Flavor this dish with white wine, olive oil, garlic, Italian seasoning and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Spicy BBQ Chicken: Combine frozen chicken breasts with a jar of BBQ sauce and several bell peppers for a crave-worthy dish that fills the house with amazing aromas.
- Cilantro Lime Chicken: Place your frozen chicken in the slow cooker with some cumin, fresh lime juice and cilantro leaves for an extra zesty flavor.
Cooking frozen chicken in the crock pot not only saves time but also requires virtually no effort. Simply add in some fresh herbs and spices for added flavor and you’ve got yourself a tasty, nutritious meal. So don’t let defrosting chicken get in the way – get creative and start experimenting with slow cooker recipes for dinner tonight!