Can You Put Frozen Pork Chops in Crock Pot?
Yes, it is entirely possible to put frozen pork chops in a crock pot! Slow cooking frozen pork chops in a crock pot is actually a great way to get a delicious and tender pork chop without having to thaw the meat first.
Safety Tips when Cooking Frozen Pork Chops in Crock Pot
Before you begin cooking, it is essential to observe a few safety guidelines when cooking frozen pork chops in a crock pot. Here are some important steps to take before, during, and after cooking:
- Before Cooking:A quick rinse of the pork chops in cool water is advised before placing them in the crock pot.
- Cooking:Make sure the crock pot is filled at least half full of liquid, vegetables and any seasonings your recipe calls for. If desired, the frozen pork chops can be arranged in a single layer on top of the liquid.
- After Cooking:Once the pork chops have cooked, always use a meat thermometer to make sure they have reached an internal temperature of 165° Fahrenheit or higher.
Tips for Cooking the Best Frozen Pork Chops in a Crock Pot
When slow cooking frozen pork chops in a crock pot, it is important to remember the following tips for the best results:
- Increase the cooking time. Because frozen pork chops are often much thicker than fresh chops, you will need to increase the cooking time accordingly. Boneless pork chops should be slow cooked for approximately 4-6 hours on high or 7-9 hours on low. Bone-in pork chops should be slow cooked for 6-8 hours on high or 8-10 hours on low.
- Don’t pile the pork chops. Arrange them evenly in a single layer when possible for better and even heat distribution.
- Make sure to use a meat thermometer. This is the only way to guarantee that the pork chops have reached a safe internal temperature.
Cooking frozen pork chops in a crock pot is a great way to make a delicious meal without having to spend time thawing the meat. However, it is essential to observe safety precautions when cooking frozen pork chops. Following the above tips and instructions will ensure the best results and a delicious, safe meal.