How To Cook Omaha Steaks Pot Roast
- 1 Omaha Steaks Pot Roast
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Tablespoon Dijon or other spicy mustard
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- Preheat a large skillet on medium-low heat.
- Season the pot roast with pepper and garlic powder.
- Add olive oil to the skillet.
- Place the roast in the skillet and brown evenly.
- Spread the Dijon mustard over the top of the roast.
- Add the red wine and beef stock to the skillet.
- Cover the skillet and simmer for about 1 hour.
- Turn the roast over and simmer for an additional 30 minutes.
- Remove the roast from the skillet and serve.
- Be sure to sear the roast for a few minutes on each side before adding liquids to the skillet. This will help keep the meat tender.
- Feel free to add extra vegetables to the skillet such as potatoes and carrots for a complete meal.
- Serve with fresh garlic mashed potatoes and a piping hot loaf of crusty bread.