How to Naturally Release Instant Pot Pressure
Instant Pot cooking is a favorite way to save time in the kitchen, but its pressure control also means releasing pressure for the best results.
When using an Instant Pot, it is important to understand the natural release and how to do it properly. Many recipes require the use of natural release, which relies on the food and the temperature of the pot to naturally reduce the pressure. Here are the basic steps to follow to naturally release pressure in your Instant Pot:
- Turn the Pressure Valve to the Sealing Position
Once the cooking is complete, turn the pressure valve to the sealing position. This steps stops any additional pressure from being released.
- Allow the Pot to Cool Down
Next, wait for the pot to cool down enough that the lid can be safely removed. The cooking process creates steam, so it’s important to wait for the pot to cool. This can take anywhere from 10-30 minutes depending on the size of the pot and the food that has been cooked.
- Unlock and Open the Instant Pot Lid
Carefully unlock and open the lid of the Instant Pot. If there is still visible steam or pressure coming from the pot, close the lid and allow the pot to cool further. Once the pressure is released, it is safe to open the lid and remove the food.
Tips for Natural Release Instant Pot Cooking
- Be sure to allow for enough time for natural pressure release before trying to open the pot.
- It’s important to open the lid away from you to avoid getting scalded from any remaining steam.
- Allow for enough time for the food to sit in the pot after pressure release before serving, as this helps to ensure the food is cooked thoroughly.
Natural pressure release Instant Pot cooking can be a great way to save time in the kitchen. With proper safety and process steps, you can enjoy home-cooked meals quickly and easily.