How Long to Boil Potatoes in an Instant Pot
Cooking potatoes in an Instant Pot brings a delightful new flavor to familiar dishes. The convenience of an Instant Pot makes it a convenient cooking tool. Boiling potatoes in an Instant Pot is an easy process that yields delicious potatoes with minimal wait time.
What You Need
- Instant Pot
- Salt (optional)
Boiling Potatoes in an Instant Pot
- Place the potatoes in the inner pot.
- Fill with water. The potatoes should be fully submerged. Add a teaspoon of salt for flavor , if desired.
- Secure the lid and select the Manual/Pressure Cook button.
- Set the timer to 5 minutes at High Pressure.
- When the timer beeps, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes before performing a quick release.
- When the pressure is released, open the lid and check if the potatoes are cooked.
- If the potatoes are cooked, remove them from the pot.
- If they are not done, close the lid and set for an additional 2 minutes at High Pressure.
Boiling potatoes in an Instant Pot is a simple and fast process. Ready in only 5-7 minutes, these cooked potatoes can be used in many versatile recipes or as a savory side dish. Get creative and enjoy this delicious staple in a whole new way!