How Long to Cook a Frozen Chicken Pot Pie
Cooking a frozen chicken pot pie can seem daunting, but with the right preparation this dish can be cooked in a matter of minutes. Follow these steps and you will be enjoying a delicious chicken pot pie in no time.
- Preheat oven – Preheat your oven to 375° F (190° C).
- Prep the frozen pie – Place the frozen pie onto a baking sheet for easy clean-up and to ensure your pie cooks evenly. Make sure the oven rack is positioned in the middle for best results.
- Prepare the topping – If desired, add an egg wash or topping. This will help brown the crust.
- Bake – Place the sheet and pie into the oven and bake for 40-50 minutes until the crust is golden brown.
- Check – Check the chicken pot pie with a thermometer to make sure it has reached 165° F (74° C). This ensures that the potentially harmful bacteria inside the chicken is killed off.
Tips & Tricks:
- For best results, allow the oven to fully preheat before baking the pie.
- Check the pie consistently throughout the baking process and rotate it if needed to ensure it cooks evenly.
- If the top starts to look too brown, try covering it with foil to prevent further browning.
Baking a frozen chicken pot pie can be quick and easy with just a bit of preparation. With the right oven temperature and preparation, you can have a delicious dinner ready in no time. Enjoy!