How to Cook Carrots in an Instant Pot
Cooking tender, delicious carrots can be tricky, but in an Instant Pot it’s a cinch! The Instant Pot is a great way to quickly and easily prepare a variety of vegetables. Here’s how to cook carrots in an Instant Pot.
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled and cut into 2” pieces
- 1 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter (optional)
- Place the carrots, water, and salt in the inner pot of the Instant Pot.
- Secure the lid on the Instant Pot, making sure the pressure valve is closed.
- Cook on Manual High Pressure for 3 minutes.
- When the cooking time is complete, release the pressure via the quick release valve.
- Carefully open the lid of the Instant Pot.
- Stir in the butter, if using.
- Serve the carrots warm.
Cooking time for carrots in the Instant Pot varies depending on the size and thickness of the pieces, so it is best to check them for doneness after the suggested time. Carrots cooked in the Instant Pot should be cooked for a maximum of 3 minutes for tender yet crunchy carrots.
Remember to release the pressure immediately after the cooking cycle is complete to prevent overcooking. If the carrots are too crunchy for your liking, then cook for an additional minute.
Now you are all set to enjoy delicious and nutritious carrots cooked in your Instant Pot!