How to Cook Chicken Quarters in a Crock Pot
Cooking chicken quarters in a Crock Pot is an easy and delicious way to get a warm dinner on the table. The slow-cooking process helps keep the chicken juicy, and the resulting flavor is amazing. Here are some simple steps on how to prepare your chicken quarters:
- Season the Chicken: Before adding the chicken quarters to the Crock Pot, season them generously with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Add the Chicken: Place the chicken quarters in the Crock Pot and pour in 1 cup of broth or water.
- Add Vegetables: Top with your favorite vegetables, such as potatoes, carrots, celery, or whatever you have on hand.
- Set and Cook: Cover the Crock Pot and set the temperature to low. Cook for 4 to 5 hours, until the chicken is fully cooked and no longer pink in the middle.
- To add extra flavor, add herbs and spices to the broth or sprinkle them on top of the vegetables.
- If you prefer your vegetables more tender, you can cook them with the chicken for the last hour of cooking.
- To get extra crispy skin, preheat the broiler before serving and place the chicken quarters on a baking sheet. Broil for 5 minutes, until the skin is golden and crispy.
With these easy steps, you can prepare delicious chicken quarters in your Crock Pot. Enjoy!