How to Cook Cornish Hens in a Crock Pot
Crock pots are a great appliance for slow-cooking a variety of dishes, including Cornish hens. Cornish hens are delicious and relatively easy to make, and with a crock pot, you don’t need to heat up the kitchen or watch the chicken closely as it cooks.
- 2 Cornish hens
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup of water
- Optional ingredients such as garlic, rosemary, thyme or other herbs, and lemon slices
- Preheat your crock pot by turning it on a low-medium setting.
- Rinse the Cornish hens, and pat them both dry with a paper towel.
- Using a brush, spread the two tablespoons of olive oil over both hens.
- Sprinkle the hens with a generous amount of salt and pepper.
- Place the hens inside the crock pot, breast side up, and pour the 3/4 cup of water into the pot.
- Scatter the optional ingredients, such as garlic, rosemary, thyme, or other herbs, and lemon slices over the hens.
- Cover the crock pot and let the hens cook on low-medium heat for 8 hours.
- When done, carefully remove the hens with a pair of tongs or a large spoon, and serve.
By slow-cooking the hens in a crock pot on low-medium heat for 8 hours, the aroma and flavor of the hens will be intense and juicy. The skin will be golden and crisp, and the meat deliciously succulent. Enjoy!