How to Cook Diced Potatoes in an Instant Pot
Cooking diced potatoes in an Instant Pot is a quick and easy way to get flavorful, tender, and fluffy potatoes at the end of the day. Here’s what you need to know:
- 1 pound of potatoes, diced
- 1 cup of chicken broth or water
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- Step 1: Place the diced potatoes in the inner pot of the Instant Pot using the trivet.
- Step 2: Pour the chicken broth or water over the potatoes.
- Step 3: Add in the salt, black pepper and garlic powder and stir.
- Step 4: Close the lid and set the pressure valve to sealing.
- Step 5: Press the Manual/Pressure Cook button and set the timer to 4 minutes.
- Step 6: When the timer goes off, let the Instant Pot release the pressure naturally for about 10 minutes.
- Step 7: Open the lid and fluff the potatoes with a fork.
- Be sure to use a trivet when cooking potatoes in the Instant Pot. This will keep the potatoes from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- To add more flavor, you can add in other herbs and spices such as oregano, smoked paprika, or parsley.
- For a crispy potato, press the sauté button on the Instant Pot and let the potatoes cook for a few minutes until they become golden brown.
When it comes to cooking diced potatoes quickly and efficiently, the Instant Pot is the way to go. Follow the steps above and you’ll have tasty potatoes in no time!