How to Cook Mustard Greens in Instant Pot
Mustard greens are a nutritious vegetable and can be cooked quickly in an Instant Pot. This method of cooking greens is much less time consuming than traditional stovetop cooking and produces more tender greens. Here are the steps to follow for perfectly cooked mustard greens in your Instant Pot.
- 1 lb of fresh mustard greens
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Rinse the mustard greens and cut into small pieces.
- Add the olive oil and minced onion to the Instant Pot and select “Saute” mode.
- Cook the onions until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add minced garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add mustard greens, salt and pepper (to taste).
- Secure the lid and select “Manual” mode. Set the timer for 5 minutes.
- When the timer is done, quickly release the pressure.
- Carefully remove the lid and enjoy your cooked mustard greens!
Cooking time: 5 minutes in the Instant Pot.
Mustard greens cooked in the Instant Pot are quick and easy. You can enjoy the flavor and vibrancy of the greens without spending hours in the kitchen. Enjoy your delicious mustard greens!