How to Cook Red Potatoes in an Instant Pot
Cooking red potatoes in an Instant Pot (or any other electric pressure cooker) is a fast and easy way to make delicious, perfectly cooked potatoes. Here’s a step-by-step guide to get you started.
- Prep the potatoes – First, rinse and scrub the potatoes under cold water. This will help remove any dirt or debris, and it also is good for health and safety. Cut the potatoes into roughly equal-sized pieces, as this will help them cook more evenly.
- Add ingredients to the pot – Place your potatoes in the Instant Pot. Add 1 cup of water (or broth, if you’re feeling adventurous) to the pot as well, to help develop some steam.
- Cook the potatoes – Lock the lid in place, select the “Manual” or “Pressure Cook” setting, and set the timer for 5 minutes. Allow the pressure to release naturally (about 10 minutes). Then, release any remaining pressure and open the pot.
- Serve – Carefully remove the pot to serve the potatoes. Salt and pepper to taste, then enjoy!
- Try adding garlic, rosemary, thyme, or other herbs and spices to the pressure cooker when you add the potatoes, for a flavor boost.
- If you have them on hand, you can also use chicken broth or beef broth in place of the water for extra flavor.
- If you prefer your potatoes softer, you can cook them for up to 7 minutes.
- If you want your potatoes crispy, you can put them in a 500 degree oven for a few minutes after they’re done in the pressure cooker.
Cooking potatoes in an Instant Pot is a great way to save time and effort in the kitchen. With this method, you can easily create delicious and nutritious red potatoes in just 5 minutes. So give it a try and enjoy!