How to Cook Tamales in an Instant Pot
Tamales are a fantastic dish that can be cooked quickly and easily with the help of an Instant Pot. They are extremely flavorful and can be enjoyed by all. Here’s a guide for how to cook tamales in an Instant Pot.
- 1 package of prepared frozen tamales
- 1 cup of chicken broth or vegetable broth
- Place 1 cup of broth into the Instant Pot.
- Place the steamer basket on top of the broth.
- Place the frozen tamales on top of the steamer basket
- Put the top on the Instant Pot, making sure it is sealed.
- Set the Instant Pot to Manual/Pressure Cook for 12 minutes.
- Once the cooking time is complete, let the Instant Pot naturally release the pressure for 10 minutes.
- Release the rest of the pressure by moving the pressure valve and carefully open the top of the Instant Pot.
- Serve and enjoy!
Tips and Tricks:
- If you prefer your tamales to be softer, then cook them for 15 minutes instead of 12.
- You can add a bit more broth if you would like your tamales to have more moisture.
- If the tamales are still not cooked enough after the 12 minutes of cooking time, simply cook them for a few more minutes.
Cooking tamales in an Instant Pot is incredibly easy and is a fantastic way to get a delicious meal. With these simple instructions, you’ll be able to enjoy your tamales in no time at all.