How to Steam Yellow Squash in an Instant Pot
It’s easy to cook perfectly steamed yellow squash in an Instant Pot! This versatile and nutrient-packed vegetable is a great side dish or main course addition. Here is how you should do it.
- 1 lb. yellow squash, cut into chunks
- 1 cup of water
- A pinch of salt to taste
- Wash and thoroughly dry your yellow squash. Cut the squash into chunks.
- Place the chunks into the inner pot of the Instant Pot, then add 1 cup of water.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, then turn the vent knob to the “sealing” position.
- Press the “Manual/Pressure Cook” button, then set the timer to 3 minutes, so the yellow squash is cooked through.
- When the countdown timer is finished, the Instant Pot will switch to “Keep Warm” mode. Manually turn the vent knob to the “venting” position to release the pressure.
- Carefully open the lid and stir in some salt to taste.
- Enjoy your steamed yellow squash!
Using an Instant Pot to steam yellow squash is a quick, easy, and convenient way to enjoy this healthy vegetable. In just a few minutes, you can have perfectly cooked yellow squash that’s ready to be served. Try it today!