How Many Elephant Ear Bulbs to Plant Per Pot
Elephant ear bulbs are among the most popular houseplants. They’re striking in appearance and a great way to add a bit of tropical flair to any living space. But, how many elephant ear bulbs you should plant in each pot?
How Many Bulbs:
For pots larger than 12” across, planting two bulbs per pot is a good rule of thumb. Whether you choose large, standard bulbs or smaller, miniature bulbs, two is usually the correct number.
For smaller pots (10” or fewer across), one bulb is the right amount. Again, this applies to any size bulb; one standard bulb or two small ones in a 10” pot is the way to go.
Things to Keep in Mind:
When planting elephant ear bulbs, there are some things to keep in mind:
- Soil: The soil should be well-draining and high-quality.
- Fertilizer: Fertilizer should be added per the instructions on the package.
- Location: Elephant ears grow best in bright, indirect light, though they can tolerate shade.
- Water: A regular watering schedule is important to keep the soil moist, but not soggy.
- Temperature: Ideal temperatures are between 70-90℉ during the day, and 65-75℉ at night.
Now that you know how many elephant ear bulbs to plant in each pot, you can start stocking up on your own. Proper care and the right number of bulbs are essential to getting the best results.