How to Boil Water in Instant Pot Without a Lid
Boiling water in an Instant Pot without a lid is an option if you don’t have the lid handy or if you want to save time in boiling your water. Here are the steps to follow to successfully boil your water without a lid:
Preparing the Water
- Measure out the desired amount of water.
- Pour the measured water into the Instant Pot.
Boiling the Water
- Securely plug in your Instant Pot, and make sure the pressure release valve is closed.
- Select “Soup/Broth” to boil your water.
- Raise the temperature setting to its maximum level.
- Press the “Manual” or “Pressure Cook” button.
- Wait for Instant Pot to reach pressure, then immediately press the “Cancel” button.
- Open the pressure release valve to release the hot steam.
- Your water should now be boiling.
Storing the Water for Later Use
- Press the “Keep Warm/Cancel” button to turn off the Instant Pot.
- Carefully remove the inner pot with oven mitts.
- Pour boiled water into a clean airtight container.
- Let cool before securely capping and storing.
Boiling water in your Instant Pot without the lid is a quick and easy way to heat your water when you don’t have the lid readily available. Just remember to follow the steps carefully to ensure that the water reaches a safe boiling temperature.