Simple Steps to Make Salsa in the Instant Pot
The Instant Pot is a great tool for making homemade salsa, as it allows you to control the cooking time and temperature, resulting in a fresher, more flavorful salsa. Here’s how to make perfect salsa in your Instant Pot:
- 2 pounds tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 1 jalapeño, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Mix the ingredients: In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, jalapeño, onion, garlic, lime juice, salt, cumin, oregano, black pepper, and sugar. Stir to combine.
- Add the salsa mixture to the Instant Pot: Pour the salsa mixture into the Instant Pot. Make sure to add enough liquid to cover the tomatoes completely.
- Cook the salsa: Close the lid and set the pressure valve to “sealing”. Set the Instant Pot to manual high pressure for 6 minutes.
- Quick-release the pressure: Once the cooking time is complete, release the pressure by switching the valve to “venting”. Open the lid and stir the salsa. Adjust the seasoning to taste.
- Serve: Serve the salsa warm with chips or over tacos, burritos, or your favorite Mexican dish.
Tips for Perfect Salsa
- For extra heat, leave the seeds in the jalapeño.
- If the salsa is too thick, add a few tablespoons of water or tomato juice.
- If the salsa is too thin, turn the Instant Pot back on to and pressure cook for a few more minutes.
- For a smoother texture, use a handheld blender to blend the salsa.
Making your own salsa in the Instant Pot is a great way to control the flavor, texture, and heat level of your salsa. With these simple steps, you can make perfect salsa every time.