How to Clean An Electric Percolator Coffee Pot
Making a good cup of coffee starts with having a clean machine. Thankfully, learning how to clean electric percolator coffee pot is easy. Here’s how:
What You Need
- White vinegar
- Old cloth
- Microfiber cloth
- Baking soda (optional)
Cleaning Your Electric Percolator
- Unplug your electric percolator.
- Remove the basket and basket filter, as well as the basket lid.
- Wash the basket and lid in warm soapy water.
- Rinse thoroughly, then set aside and let dry.
- Pour a mix of 1⁄2 white vinegar and 1⁄2 water in the electric percolator.
- Let the mixture sit for twenty minutes.
- Empty the pot and rinse with warm water.
- Wipe inside and outside of pot with a damp cloth.
- Use an old cloth to scrub and clean the pot.
- For tougher stains, sprinkle a bit of baking soda mixed with a few drops of water onto the spot and rub with a damp cloth.
- Finish scrubbing the outside of the pot with a damp microfiber cloth.
- Wipe down the outside of the pot with a dry cloth.
And you’re done! Assemble the parts, plug in your electric percolator and start making great tasting coffee. Following this guide will ensure you’re brewing with a clean machine.