Cleaning Magnalite Pots
Magnalite pots are beloved pieces of cookware in many kitchens. But like any piece of cookware, over time, dirt and oil can build up. This article will give you some tips on how to safely and effectively clean your Magnalite pot.
Things You Will Need
- Mild dish soap
- Hot water
- White vinegar
- Baking soda
- Soft cloth
- Steel wool
- Fill the pot with hot water and a few drops of mild dish soap. Allow it to sit for about 10 minutes.
- Empty the soapy water and rinse out the pot.
- If the pot is still not clean, mix three tablespoons of white vinegar with two tablespoons of baking soda. Pour this mixture into the pot and fill with hot water. Let sit for 10 minutes and then rinse clean.
- Caution: Do not use abrasive cleansers on your pot as this can cause scratches.
- After rinsing your pot, dry completely with a soft cloth.
- If you have stubborn, stuck-on food, you can use a steel wool pad to gently scrub it off.
- Be sure to dry out the pot completely before using or storing.
Tips & Warnings
- Do not use metal utensils with your Magnalite pot as this can scratch their surface.
- Never put your Magnalite pot in the dishwasher as this can damage the finish.
- If your pot starts to look dull, you can make a paste of baking soda and hot water and use a soft cloth or sponge to rub the paste onto the pot. This will give it a bit of shine.