Cleaning Magnalite Cookware
Magnalite cookware is a popular brand of aluminum cookware, beloved by many chefs and home cooks alike for its superior heat conductivity and non-stick capabilities. Its use of aluminum makes Magnalite cookware fairly lightweight and easy to maneuver. However, the aluminum construction also requires readers to carefully clean the cookware to protect the longevity of the material.
- Step 1: Immediately after use, hand wash Magnalite cookware with hot, soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge.
- Step 2: Rinse thoroughly and wipe dry with a soft cloth. Be sure to use only a soft sponge or cloth – metal scouring pads or steel wool will damage the non-stick coating.
- Step 3: If your cookware has tough stains, use a mixture of vinegar and baking soda to gently scrub them. Do not use too much pressure or a hard scrubbing brush, as this may damage the non-stick coating.
- Step 4: After cleaning, be sure to dry your cookware immediately as aluminum oxidizes quickly and could leave spots on your cookware if left in water. Dry with a soft cloth.
- Step 5: If you notice any discoloration or staining on your cookware, use a mild anti-tarnish cleaner such as Lime-a-Way or Barkeeper’s Friend.
By following these easy steps, you can ensure your Magnalite cookware will remain in great shape for years to come. With proper cleaning and maintenance, you’ll be sure to have delicious meals in no time!