How to Clean Mold Off Terracotta Pots
Mold can be an unsightly and potentially damaging problem for terracotta pots. In order to remove it in an effective and safe manner you need to follow some important steps. This article provides some useful tips for doing this.
What You Will Need
- Baking soda
- White vinegar
- Soft cloths
- Tooth brush
Steps for Cleaning Mold Off Terracotta Pots
- Step 1: Mix together a paste of baking soda and water in a bucket. This should have a thick, paste-like consistency. Apply to the terracotta pot and leave to sit for an hour.
- Step 2: In another container, mix together equal parts white vinegar and warm water.
- Step 3: Add a few drops of oil to the mixture and stir. The oil helps the solution penetrate the mold.
- Step 4: Use a soft cloth to wipe the terracotta pot with the vinegar and oil mixture. Make sure to scrub the areas affected by the mold.
- Step 5: Rinse the pot with warm water and then let it dry.
- Step 6: For stubborn mold, you can use a sponge or toothbrush to gently scrub the areas affected.
By following these steps, you should be able to easily and safely remove mold from your terracotta pots. Remember to always wear gloves when handling these cleaning solutions.