Instructions On How to Clean a Percolator Coffee Pot
Cleaning a percolator coffee pot can be relatively easy if you follow the proper steps and use the right cleaning supplies. Once you took the time to clean your coffee pot, you will ensure you are drinking a quality cup of coffee every time.
Steps For Cleaning the Pot
- Wash the Pot and Lid: Use lukewarm water and dishwashing detergent to wash the pot and its lid. For any hard stains, scrub them with a soft-bristled brush.
- Clean the Lid Rims and Springs: Use a Q-tip with vinegar to scrub the lid rims and springs. This will help avoid the formation of rust and calcium buildup.
- Clean Difficult-to-Reach Areas: You can use a long-handled brush and dish detergent to help clean the inside of the pot. For any tough stains, let the pot soak in a mixture of 1 quart (1 L) of hot water and 1/2 cup (236 ml) of white vinegar for 30 minutes.
- Rinse the Pot: Finally, rinse the pot thoroughly and place it upside down on a clean dry towel to air dry.
- Mix together warm water and dishwashing detergent and use this mixture to wash the basket, filter, stem, and paddle.
- To avoid any horrible smells from developing, use a baking soda and water mixture to scrub the pot from the inside.
- Keep the vent tube in the lid clean by using a pipe cleaner.
Keeping your percolator coffee pot clean is essential if you want to make sure you are getting a quality cup of coffee every time. By using the steps and tips provided above, you should have no difficulty in cleaning and maintaining your coffee pot.