Creating a Potting Table
Potting tables are an incredibly useful addition to your gardening arsenal. Not only are they practical and create a dedicated workspace for planting your vegetables and flowers, they’re also an aesthetically pleasing addition to your deck or garden. Here’s how to construct your own potting bench:
- Pressure-treated boards
- 4×4 posts
- Galvanized nails
Steps for Building A Potting Table
- Cut four of the 4×4 posts in half to be used as legs.
- Cut two pressure-treated boards to the desired length for the potting bench top. Make sure to leave an overhang on either end.
- Drill holes for galvanized nails into both boards.
- Position the two boards in an L-shape and position the legs on the end of each board.
- Secure the legs to the boards using galvanized nails and screws.
- Flip the potting bench over and attach the third board to the back of the legs with screws.
Add a fourth board to the back of your bench to complete the look. You can also attach hooks or shelves to the sides of your potting table for extra storage if desired. Once the table is assembled, you can stain or paint it to achieve the perfect look.
Creating a potting bench is a simple project for anyone with basic woodworking skills. Not only will you be able to enjoy a beautiful and functional workspace, but you’ll also have the satisfaction of knowing you created it yourself!