How to Cook Beets in an Instant Pot
Cooking beets in an Instant Pot is a great way to get tender and sweet beets every time. Not only is it very easy to make, but cooking them in the Instant Pot is also a super healthy way to prepare them.
- 3-4 medium-sized beets
- 1 cup of water
- Salt and pepper (optional)
- Wash the beets. Rinse off the dirt under cold water. If the beets have leafy greens still attached, trim them off and set aside. Be sure to save the greens as they’re great for salads or smoothies!
- Add water and beets to the Instant Pot. Place the beets into the Instant Pot insert and add a cup of water. Close and seal the Instant Pot and cook on high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Quick release the steam. Once the timer is done, carefully release the steam using the quick release valve. When all the steam is fully released, remove the lid.
- Let cool and then peel. Transfer the cooked beets to a cutting board to cool. Once cool enough to touch, use a paper towel to easily peel off the skin. Chop into 1-inch pieces, season with salt and pepper, and serve.
And that’s it! You now have tender and sweet beets in no time at all. Enjoy!