How to Cook Black Beans in a Crock Pot
Crock pots are an ideal way to make delicious dishes without having to spend hours in the kitchen. One easy but flavorful dish you can make in a crock pot is black beans.
- 1 pound of black beans
- 4 cups of water
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse and Soak the Black Beans: Begin by rinsing your black beans and discarding any rocks or other debris. Then add the beans to a large bowl and cover with
cold water. Allow the beans to soak for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and Rinse the Soaked Beans: Once the beans have soaked for 8 hours drain and rinse them thoroughly. Discard the water.
- Add Beans to Crock Pot: Add the drained and rinsed beans to the crock pot and pour in 4 cups of water. Stir in the garlic powder, cumin, onion powder, chili powder, and smoked paprika.
- Cook: Cover the crock pot and cook on low for 8-10 hours. Once the beans are cooked, season with salt and pepper to taste, and enjoy!
Crock pots make it easy to enjoy a delicious and nutritious dish like black beans. With just a few ingredients and a few hours of cooking time, you can have a hot meal ready to go in no time. Enjoy!