How to Cook Brown Rice in a Crock Pot
Cooking brown rice in a crock pot is a time saver, and can produce great results. The process is simple and only requires a few basic ingredients. Here’s what you need to do:
- 1 cup of brown rice
- 2 cups of cold water
- 1 tablespoon of melted butter or olive oil (optional)
- Step 1: Measure out one cup of brown rice and add it to the crock pot.
- Step 2: Pour two cups of cold water into the crock pot.
- Step 3: Optional: add a tablespoon of melted butter or olive oil to the crock pot. This will add some flavor and help keep the rice from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- Step 4: Cover the crock pot and turn it on the low setting. Set it to cook for about 4-6 hours (for best results), stirring occasionally.
- Step 5: After 4-6 hours, the rice should be cooked. Turn off the crock pot and let the rice rest for 10-15 minutes before serving.
And that’s it! Cooking brown rice in a crock pot is an incredibly easy and time-saving way to make this delicious side dish.