How to Cook Chicken Tenders in a Crock Pot
Cooking chicken tenders in a crock pot is a great way to make a tasty meal that requires minimal effort. The slow cooking process tenderizes the meat and seals in the flavor, creating scrumptious and moist chicken tenders. Follow these simple steps to cook chicken tenders in a crock pot.
- 2 lb chicken tenders
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- Combine the flour, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, and black pepper in a shallow bowl.
- Coat the chicken tenders with the flour mixture, shaking off any excess.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and fry the chicken tenders for 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- Place the chicken tenders in the slow cooker and pour the chicken or vegetable broth over the top.
- Cover and cook on low for 2 to 3 hours, or until the chicken is cooked through and tender.
- Remove the chicken tenders from the crock pot and serve with your favorite sauce or side dish.