How to Cook Collards in a Crock Pot
Crock Pot cooking is a great way to cook delicious and flavorful collards without the need for a stove top. Keep reading to learn how to prepare collards in a Crock Pot and enjoy slow-cooked collards in just a few easy steps!
What You’ll Need:
- 2-3 lbs. of collards
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4-5 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- Salt to taste
- Crock Pot
- Wash and prepare your collards. Remove the tough stem from each leaf and discard the stem.
- Chop the collards into thin strips. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and add the garlic, stirring for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the collards to the skillet and stir until wilted, about 5-7 minutes.
- Transfer the collards to the Crock Pot and pour in the vegetable broth.
- Cover and cook on low heat for roughly 4-5 hours, until the collards are tender.
- Season with salt and serve.
That’s it! Your slow-cooked collards are now ready to enjoy. You can serve them as a side dish or incorporate them into your main dishes for a flavorful addition. Enjoy!