How to cook Farro in an Instant Pot
Farro is an ancient grain that is making a huge comeback! Not only is it incredibly healthy, it is also incredibly tasty and can be used in a variety of dishes. Cooking farro in an Instant Pot is an easy and convenient way to make a nutritious side dish or meal. Here’s how to do it:
- 1 cup farro
- 2 cups water
- Salt and pepper (optional)
- Rinse and drain the farro: Place the farro in a fine mesh strainer and rinse under cold water for about 2 minutes. Shake off any excess water and transfer to the Instant Pot.
- Add water and seasoning: Add the water and a pinch of salt and pepper, if desired, to the Instant Pot. Stir to combine.
- Cook: Secure the lid and turn the valve to sealing. Press the “Manual” setting and set the timer to 5 minutes. When the cooking time is up, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes before manually releasing any remaining pressure.
- Fluff and serve: Open the lid and fluff the farro with a fork. Serve warm and enjoy!
Tips and Tricks
- Add vegetables and proteins: Farro pairs well with vegetables and proteins of all kinds. You can add diced vegetables (such as bell peppers, carrots, and tomatoes) or cooked proteins (such as chicken or shrimp) to the Instant Pot before cooking to make a complete meal.
- Increase cooking time: If you prefer your farro on the softer side, you can add an extra minute of cooking or even longer, if desired.
- Use it in other dishes: Farro is great for salads, soups, and more! Get creative and try using it in your favorite dishes.
Cooking farro in an Instant Pot is a quick and easy way to make a nutritious side dish or meal. With the right ingredients and a few simple steps, you’ll be enjoying delicious and healthy farro in no time. Bon appetit!