How to Cook Frozen Chicken Legs in Instant Pot
Cooking frozen chicken legs in an Instant Pot is an easy and quick way to provide a tasty and healthy dinner for the whole family. Not only does the Instant Pot make a simple and homemade meal, it’s also a fairly hands-off cooking option. Here’s how to cook frozen chicken legs in an Instant Pot.
- Frozen chicken legs: as many as desired
- Broth: Chicken broth or a combination of broth and water
- Spices: salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, etc.
- Optional toppings: fresh herbs, diced carrots, celery, onions, etc.
- Place the frozen chicken legs in the Instant Pot. If you’re using additional ingredients (such as carrots, onions, celery, etc.), add them in as well.
- Pour in the broth until the chicken is just covered.
- Spice up the mixture by adding salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Close the lid and set the Instant Pot to “Poultry”, and make sure the valve is set to the sealing position.
- Press the “Start” button and let the Instant Pot do its thing! It should take about 15 minutes for the legs to cook fully.
- When the timer goes off, turn off the Instant Pot and let it cool down for about 10 minutes before carefully releasing the pressure valve and opening the lid.
- Serve the chicken legs with the optional toppings, such as fresh herbs, diced carrots, celery, and onions. You can also serve the chicken with your favorite sides. Enjoy!
- Ensure that the lid is properly locked and the valve is set to the “sealing” position before beginning the cooking process.
- Be careful when opening and releasing the pressure from the Instant Pot.
- Be sure to check the internal temperature of the chicken legs after cooking. It should reach at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit.