How to Cook Navy Beans in a Crock Pot
Cooking navy beans in your crock pot is an easy way to produce a delicious meal. With a little bit of preparation and patience, you can enjoy a hearty stew that you can easily prepare for your family. Read on for tips on how to bring this tasty and nutritious dish to your dinner table.
- 3 cups of navy beans (soaked for 6-8 hours)
- 6 cups of vegetable broth
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1 carrot (diced)
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Soak the navy beans overnight for 6-8 hours in enough cold water to cover them by at least 2 inches.
- Drain and rinse the navy beans and then add them to the crock pot.
- Add the vegetable broth, garlic, onion, carrot, tomato paste, olive oil, and a dash of salt and pepper.
- Cook the mixture on low heat for 8-10 hours or on high heat for 4-6 hours.
- Enjoy your navy beans!
- You can also add other vegetables such as celery, bell peppers, parsnips, or mushrooms to the mix.
- Cooking for a shorter amount of time will produce a soup-like texture while cooking for a longer period of time will produce a stew-like texture.
Cooking navy beans in your crock pot is a great, convenient way to prepare a delicious and nutritious meal. With these tips, you can easily create a tasty dish your family will love. So get ready to enjoy your navy bean stew!