Cooking Oxtail in the Crock Pot
Oxtail is a delicious dish that can be cooked in many ways. One of the easiest and most flavorful methods is to cook it in a Crock Pot – a slow cooker – and there are many advantages to this method.
Advantages of Preparing Oxtail in the Crock Pot
- The slow-cooking process helps tenderize the meat while still preserving its flavor.
- It is an efficient way to cook oxtail because it tends to take longer than most dishes.
- The low-and-slow cooking process makes it ideal for busy cooks – all you have to do is throw everything into the Crock Pot and let it do its job.
Instructions for Cooking Oxtail in the Crock Pot
- Collect the necessary ingredients: two to three pounds of oxtail pieces, a half-cup of onion chopped into small pieces, two cloves of garlic chopped, four tablespoons of tomato paste, a cup of red wine, two cups of chicken stock, two bay leaves, a teaspoon of black pepper, and two tablespoons of olive oil.
- Season the pieces: season the pieces of oxtail liberally with salt and pepper. In a large bowl, combine the parts with the garlic, onion, tomato paste, wine, and stock and mix it together.
- Pre-heat the Crock Pot: turn the Crock Pot on its low setting and add the olive oil. Wait two to three minutes for it to heat up.
- Add the oxtail mixture: add the oxtail mixture to the heated oil and stir to combine. Add the two bay leaves and cover the Crock Pot with its lid.
- Cook the oxtail: set the Crock Pot to its low setting and leave it for 8-10 hours (or high setting for 4-6 hours). After the cooking time is done, remove the lid and serve the oxtail with some crusty bread.
Cooking oxtail in a Crock Pot is an easy and efficient way to prepare this delicious and flavorful dish. The low-and-slow cooking process ensures that the oxtail is tender and flavorful – simply follow the instructions above and you can easily prepare this dish at home!