Cooking Oxtails in a Crock Pot
Oxtails have a delicious flavor but can be tough to cook. The best way to get that fall-off-the-bone texture is to cook them in a slow cooker or crock pot for many hours. This method of cooking results in a tender, flavorful dish.
- 3-4 lbs. of oxtails
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 12 ounces of beef broth
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon of hot sauce (optiona)
- Rinse and dry the oxtails.
- Melt butter in a large skillet and brown the oxtails on all sides.
- Transfer the oxtails to a crock pot.
- Add the onions, garlic, beef broth, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, and hot sauce (optional).
- Cook on low heat for 8-10 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!
By cooking oxtails in a crock pot, you get the best of both worlds: the flavor of slow-cooked oxtails and the convenience of using a slow cooker. The long cooking time results in tender, flavorful oxtails that will be enjoyed by the whole family. Feel free to experiment with different seasonings, vegetables, and herbs for a unique twist on this traditional dish.