How to Cook a Pork Butt in an Instant Pot
Cooking a pork butt in an instant pot is a great way to get a delicious, tender pork roast with minimal effort. Here are the steps to follow for a perfect pork butt in the instant pot.
- Pork butt – enough for the desired servings
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- 1 cup of liquid – your choice of broth or water
- Optional vegetables for side dishes
- Season your pork. Liberally sprinkle the pork butt with salt and pepper. This will ensure that the pork has plenty of flavor.
- Prepare the instant pot. Place the pork butt in the instant pot. Add 1 cup of liquid to the pot. Seal the lid and set the vent knob to the “sealing” position.
- Set the instant pot. Set the Instant Pot to high pressure for 60 minutes. Once the pot has come up to pressure, the timer will automatically start counting down.
- Let the pressure release naturally. When the timer is done counting down, allow the pressure to release naturally for at least 10 minutes.
- Serve your pork. When the pressure has fully released, open the pot and check the pork. If it is tender and juicy, serve it with your favorite side dishes!
Following these steps will give you a delicious pork butt with minimal effort. The great thing about using an instant pot to cook pork is that it frees up your time and you can enjoy the results with your family and friends.