Cooking Prime Rib in an Instant Pot
One of the most decadent and delicious meals that can be cooked in an Instant Pot is prime rib. Although this type of cut of meat can be intimidating to prepare, if done correctly it can be a dish sure to impress. Follow these steps to cook a succulent prime rib in your Instant Pot.
- • 2.25-2.5 pound prime rib roast (bone-in or boneless)
- • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- • 1 teaspoon onion powder
- • 2 teaspoons rosemary
- • 2 teaspoons sea salt
- • 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- • ¼ cup beef broth
- 1. Start by patting the roast dry and then rubbing with garlic, onion, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- 2. Place the seasoned roast in the Instant Pot and add beef broth.
- 3. Secure the lid and set the valve to sealing. Cook on high pressure for 20-25 minutes per pound.
- 4. Once the dispatch timer beeps, allow the pressure to naturally release, which should take around 25 minutes.
- 5. Preheat your oven to 400°F and place the cooked prime rib in a roasting pan.
- 6.Roast in the oven for 25 minutes until the surface is golden brown.
- 7. When done, remove from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
For an extra tasty prime rib, baste with butter or olive oil halfway through cooking. This will help keep the roast moist, give it extra flavor, and add a nice golden-brown finish. Serve your delicious prime rib with some roasted vegetables and enjoy.