How to Cook Rump Roast in an Instant Pot
An Instant Pot is a terrific tool to make a juicy and flavorful rump roast. This easy dish pairs perfectly with vegetables or a side salad. With a few simple ingredients you will be able to cook your roast to perfection.
- 3-5 pounds beef rump roast, fat trimmed
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups beef broth
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Combine all the spices together and rub over the roast.
- Press saute on the Instant Pot and wait a few minutes until the pot is hot.
- Add vegetable oil. Once it is hot, add the rump roast and brown it on all sides for about 2 minutes per side.
- Add beef broth and minced garlic. Place the lid on the Instant Pot and press manual, and adjust the time to 50 minutes. Make sure the pressure valve is sealed.
- Once the timer is finished, let the pressure release naturally for 20 minutes, then release the remaining pressure.
- Remove the roast from the pot and let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
Enjoy your delicious rump roast!