How to Cook Spaghetti Squash in a Crock Pot
Spaghetti squash is a delicious, low-carb alternative to regular noodles, and it’s incredibly simple to cook in a crock pot. Here’s how you can make it:
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 1/2 cup of water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cut the squash: Slice the squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Prepare the crock pot: Place the two halves of the squash in the crock pot and pour the water in. Cook for 4-5 hours on high heat.
- Remove the squash: Carefully remove the cooked squash from the crock pot. Let it cool for a few minutes before handling.
- Scrape out the flesh: Using a fork, scrape the squash out. Discard the skin.
Your spaghetti squash is ready to eat! Use it in vegan dishes, hearty casseroles, or just top it with some favorite toppings. Enjoy!