How to Cook Turkey Necks in a Crock Pot
Cooking turkey necks in a crock pot is an easy, flavorful way to make use of a nutritious and historically inexpensive meat option. With just a few simple ingredients, you can enjoy a delicious and comforting meal.
What You’ll Need:
- 4-5 turkey necks
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup of chicken broth or stock
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Optional: garlic cloves, herbs
- Put the turkey necks in the crock pot.
- Top with diced onion, bell pepper, and garlic cloves (optional).
- Pour in chicken broth or stock.
- Add a sprinkle of salt & pepper.
- Add fresh herbs, if desired.
- Cover with lid and cook on low heat for 7-8 hours.
- When finished, turkey necks are ready to enjoy!
Turkey necks can be enjoyed in many ways! Here are a few ideas:
- Toss into your favorite chili or soup recipe.
- Serve with mashed potatoes, gravy, and vegetables.
- Shred and use as a filling for tacos, burritos, or enchiladas.
- Add to a plate of macaroni and cheese.
No matter way you choose to enjoy the turkey necks, you’re sure to love the flavor and the ease of cooking them in a crock pot. Enjoy!