How to Cook Turkey Thighs in a Crock Pot
Turkey thighs are an economical way to enjoy a delicious meal. Cooking this part of the Bird in a slow cooker allows you to enjoy succulent, tender meat with very little work. Here’s how to do it:
- 3-4 boneless turkey thighs
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of dried herbs (optional)
- Grease the inner surface of the crock pot with 1 tablespoon of cooking oil.
- Add the turkey thighs, chicken stock, onion, garlic and herbs (if using).
- Stir the ingredients together and place the lid on the crock pot.
- Set the crock pot on the “Low’ setting and cook for 8-10 hours.
- Keep an eye on the liquid level and stir once a day to ensure even cooking.
- When the turkey is cooked through and easily shreds with a fork, it is ready to serve.
- Serve the cooked turkey with mashed potatoes or rice.
- Shred the cooked turkey and add to tacos or nachos.
- Add cooked turkey to salads, soups, or stews.
Bon appetite! Enjoy your wonderfully cooked turkey thighs in the crock pot!