How to Cook White Beans in a Crock Pot
Cooking white beans in a Crock Pot is easy and they make a great addition to a variety of dishes. Here’s how to cook delicious white beans in your Crock Pot:
- 1 pound of dried white beans
- 4-5 cups of water or broth
- 1 teaspoon of salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil (optional)
- Any other seasonings to taste
- First, rinse your beans thoroughly and pick out any stones or debris that may have gotten in with the beans.
- Then put the beans in the Crock Pot and add enough water or broth to cover the beans by about an inch.
- Add salt, chili powder, and any other seasonings you like.
- Optional: Add a tablespoon of olive oil for added flavor.
- Place the lid on the Crock Pot and set it to low heat. The beans will cook for 2 to 4 hours, depending on their size.
- Once the beans are cooked, drain off any excess liquid and they are ready to serve.
White beans cooked in a Crock Pot are a great way to make a nutritious dish. They can be used as a side dish, in a soup, or as an ingredient in a variety of other dishes. Enjoy your delicious white beans!