Cooking Wild Rice Blend in an Instant Pot
Cooking wild rice blends in an Instant Pot is an easy way to make mealtime preparations much more efficient. After a simple prep process, you will have a flavorful and healthy side dish with minimal effort.
Prepping the Wild Rice Blend
- Measure out the wild rice blend. Generally 4 cups of water per 1 cup of wild rice blend is recommended.
- Rinse and drain the wild rice blend.
- Optional: If you choose to season the wild rice blend, add the desired spices to the measured rice blend.
Cooking the Wild Rice Blend in an Instant Pot
- Add the measured wild rice blend and the appropriate amount of water to the inner pot of your Instant Pot.
- Secure the lid on the Instant Pot.
- Set your Instant Pot to the Rice setting.
- When the cooking is complete, let the Instant Pot to naturally release the pressure.
- When the pressure valve is all the way down, carefully open the Instant Pot and fluff the wild rice blend with a fork or spoon.
With these simple steps, you will now have cooked wild rice blend to enjoy as part of your meal. Wild rice blends are a great source of dietary fiber, protein, vitamins, and minerals. Enjoy!