How to Cook Wild Turkey Breast in Crock Pot
Turkey is a delicious and versatile bird that can be cooked in a variety of ways. In this article, we’ll be exploring how to cook wild turkey breast in a crock pot. This method is a simple and delicious way to serve a savory and juicy turkey that will please your guests.
- 1 wild turkey breast
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup chicken broth or stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1-2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- Season turkey: Rub the turkey breast generously with salt and pepper on all sides.
- Saute onions: Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat until hot. Add onions and sauté until softened and beginning to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add to Crock Pot: Place turkey breast in the bottom of Crock Pot. Add onions, broth, bay leaf and thyme. Cover and set the temperature to low.
- Cook: Allow the turkey to cook for 6-8 hours on low heat. Check the turkey after 6 hours and if a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast reads at least 165°F, the turkey is fully cooked and ready to serve.
Once cooked, you can serve the wild turkey breast with sides of your choosing. It’s a delicious and easy way to enjoy a flavorful dinner without all the fuss! Enjoy!